Archive for the ‘W.I.P. Work In Progress’ Category
We glad to let you know that W.I.P. version 1.2 is out on the Apple Store. The upgrade had a focus on social gaming network, in particular the integration with the popular Openfeint and the newest Game Center platform.
You can know unlock the 17 achievements available, for a total of 500 points and beat the highest score of world wide players.
We do listen to our users, a new soundtrack has been composed to make the playing experience more pleasant.
W.I.P. is now called W.I.P. - Spaceship Driving for an easier search on the Store.
Here the OpenFeint page!
List of upgrades
- W.I.P. is OpenFeint Enabled.
- W.I.P. is GameCenter Enabled (iOS4.1 device only).
- Unlock 17 achievements (500points) and beat the highest scorers of the 4 leaderboards.
- New soundtrack!
- W.I.P. Is now called W.I.P. Spaceship Driving!
- New Icons
We released the version 1.1 with the focus on improving the gameplay. Now it is faster and there are more things going on on the screen to make it more challenging. We added other obstacle types, the barrier bonus and a warning for imminent meteors. Story mode initial levels still simple, but very quick to solve. All this has been possible thanks to the performance improvements we worked since W.I.P. was released on App Store.
A new soundtrack has been composed for the challenge mode.
Our next planned upgrade will include OpenFeint Leaderboards to compare the scores with other players and more gameplay additions.
List of upgrades
- Performance improvements.
- Faster space buses.
- New meteors.
- New space ships.
- Barrier bonus.
- New challenge mode soundtrack.
- New game icon!
- Exit Game bug fixed.
It's exciting for us seeing WIP in Hot New Games!
We are pleased to announce that WIP is out! Get your copy from the Apple Store
- Space bus driving by touch screen!
- Excellent graphic with stunning backgrounds!
- Great soundtracks!
- Story Mode Gameplay with 24 levels with increasing level difficulty to help the robots escaping from the planet.
- Challenge Mode Gameplay with easy, medium and hard level to achieve your best scores.
- WIP has been modelled using MAXON CINEMA 4D, Easy to Use, Professional 3D Animation Software.
- WIP has been developed using Torque Game Builder, the world's most powerful 2D game engine.
This is our first blog as C4D Games, a young team, founded in late 2009, at their first experience in this challenging world that is the game development.
Our artists use primarily C4D, hence our name as C4D Games.
Since we joined together, our first rule has always been to be realistic. We know well how easy is starting a game and how extremely hard is to complete it.
This is why, first of all, we have chosen the Torque technology. Torque is a game engine having all the necessary components to make any kind of game.
Having a wide choice and after discussing several options we came up with a decision: a 2D game for iPhone using the touch screen functionality. In other words our first project called W.I.P. (Work In Progress).
W.I.P. gameplay is simple:
- Each level features numbered platforms and engineers waiting to be carried to the destinations.
- The player drives the buses by tapping on them and drawing their fligh paths.
- To take an engineer on board, simply land on the platform he is waiting on.
Here some screenshots:
All modelling has been done in 3D and then adapted to the 2D formats required in iTGB (iphone Torque Game Builder). After 9 months of hard working the game is in Beta testing. We spent most of the time understanding the tools (iTGB, xcode, asset formats) and building the team. We are aiming to finish the tests and to fix the remaining bugs soon and start the process of publishing on the Apple Store.